Company Will Display its New QC3®33mm Twin-Screw Extruder and Also High-Output HR3™73mm Twin-Screw Extruder; Interactive Display Featuring Screw Layout Program Will Also Be Featured
Booth W5189, Orange County Convention Center, Orlando, FL – May 7-11, 2018
ENTEK will feature its newest twin-screw extruders and technologies at NPE2018.
The company will be displaying two machines in its booth: its new QC333mm twin-screw extruder, which was introduced in 2017 and is being shown publicly for the first time; and its high-output HR373mm twin-screw extruder. In addition, ENTEK will feature two interactive work stations at its booth showing the company’s unique screw-layout software program. Visitors to the booth will be encouraged to use the program to see how easy and fast it is to input their information and design a screw layout that will work for their compounding needs.
New QC333mm Twin-Screw Extruder Designed for Production of Small Lots of Compounds
The ENTEK QC333mm co-rotating twin-screw extruder is a size not previously offered by the company. It is designed for small-size lots of compounds and includes all of the company’s latest QC3® (Quick-Change, Quick-Clean, and Quality Control) features.
The new QC333mm joins ENTEK’s other QC3 models which include its 27mm and 43mm co-rotating twin-screw extruders. ENTEK also manufactures its larger line of HR3 twin-screw extruders including 53mm, 73mm, 103mm, and 133mm models (see separate story on the HR3 line).
ENTEK launched this new twin-screw extruder due to customer demands for this specific sized machine. “Our 27mm twin-screw extruder is excellent for lab environments, and our 43mm is designed for small to medium-sized lots of compounds,” said Linda Campbell, Director of Sales at ENTEK Extruders. “We were getting a lot of requests from customers for something in-between – a machine specifically designed for small lots, but with more output than the lab machine.”
Like the ENTEK QC327mm and 43mm twin-screw extruders, the new QC333mm includes a wide range of Quick-Change, Quick-Clean, and Quality Control features. ENTEK worked closely with its customers to identify specific needs and used lean principles to deliver a machine that provides important benefits to compounders.
New mechanical design features being incorporated into the ENTEK QC333mm co-rotating twin-screw extruder are numerous, some of which include:
- PATENTED Self-aligning screw-gearbox couplings to facilitate fast and error-proof installation of screws
- Lock and key feature on splined shafts to prevent screw timing errors
- Conveniently located gauges for quick monitoring of lube and cooling system running conditions
- Quick change strand die
- Robust barrel shroud that is easy to remove
- Tip wrench – able to remove tips with screws in the extruder
- Optional air tool & air connection mounted on machine
- Tool holders for keeping tools organized, visible and located close to point of use
- Enhanced controls, offering the best steady-state performance possible, and featuring software that keeps the machine running except when the operating conditions exceed clearly defined customer-specified limits or when the safety of the operator or the equipment is in jeopardy.
HR373mm Twin-Screw Extruder for High-Output Compounding
Also, featured at ENTEK’s booth at NPE2018 will be the company’s HR373mm Twin-Screw Extruder for High-Output Custom Compounding. This machine is one of ENTEK’s most popular models, used in the field for numerous compounding applications including production of bioresins, wood-plastic composites, large lots of color compounds and many others. The 73mm machine is available with a 600 hp motor and screw speeds up to 900 rpm.
The HR373mm extruder at ENTEK’s booth is the actual machine sold to BPC Toll Compounding & Blending (see article on p. 1).
Interactive Display Will Allow Guests to Design Screw & Barrel Layout Design for Their Specific Compounding Applications
ENTEK’s unique screw design program will also be featured at its booth. The company will have two interactive work stations at its booth where visitors will be encouraged to see how easy it is to quickly design screw and barrel layouts for their specific applications.
There are several built-in features for this software, including:
- Drag and drop functionality on all components that customers need to specify: barrel sections, screws, metallurgy, etc.
- Automatic calculation of remaining space on the screw shafts
- Safeguards to prevent putting certain elements where they do not belong
- Easier part ordering as complete part numbers are furnished within the program
- Easy save within the program or export to an Excel file options once design is complete
“This new program is something that provides great value to our customers,” said Linda Campbell, ENTEK’s Director of Sales. “We want them to see first-hand how it can make their lives easier by giving them the ability to specify, and provide a drawing of, exactly what they need for their applications.”