ENTEK designs, engineers, and manufactures separators to deliver a strong value proposition to our customers by understanding the fundamental science behind them.
World leader in battery separator technology
ENTEK utilizes a unique, wet process manufacturing approach to produce its ultrahigh molecular weight polyethylene (UHMWPE) base separators with excellent mechanical properties.
With over 35 years’ experience in battery separator production, ENTEK boasts a talent pool of more than 700 employees with a strategically positioned global footprint in the USA, UK and Asia-Pacific.
- Vertical Integration with ENTEK Technology Holdings
- Global capacity
- Unrivaled expertise in battery separator technology
- Innovative battery separator process for capital cost advantages
- Rigorous ISO 9001:2015 quality systems and real-time SPC
Coatings for Safety and Lamination
ENTEK manufactures a variety of coated separators that include single-sided, double-sided and multilayer coatings on any base separator.
- PVDF-coated separators for laminated cells
- Alumina-coated separators with excellent high temperature dimensional stability, based upon ENTEK’s patented nanoparticle technology (US Patent #9,847,519)
- 5-layer separator with outer adhesive functional layers and alumina-coated polyolefin base separator for laminated cells often used in xEV batteries
Separator choice for higher power applications
High power discharge
Optimized for high-rate portable devices
We Value Our Customers
"Our technicians are really world-class. They’re really very good innovators. They’re able to solve problems very quickly and get to a proof of concept quickly. I think that’s one advantage we have at ENTEK."
— Weston Wood
“I look at my role as being a problem solver, essentially. The greatest thing about ENTEK is being able to come up with ideas and provide a strong value proposition to customers.”
— Rick Pekala, CTO